So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

TAGGED!

by MJ

1. How old are you? 59
2. How many kids do you have if any? 4 originally, 3 now plus two grandchildren.
3. Are you married, single, divorced, widow,? Married to second husband, but first love! (aaaaah)
4. What is your occupation? Retired
5. What are your passions? Family, Books, Internet, Scrapping
6. Are you a dreamer or a dream seeker? Dreamer - too lazy to be an dream seeker
7. Are you happy with the way you life has turned out? NO! I am NEVER satisfied with my life, but that is because I am never satisfied with MYSELF
8. Are you a scrapper and if so how many hours a week do you scrap? Yes, but not enough, given that I have no job. Easily distracted by almost anything
9. What do you want to do before you die? LIVE!! I was told I had only 18 months nearly two years ago, so I am just taking each day as it comes!
10. What is your favorite food? Sushi - Chocolate isn't food. It's more important than that!
11. What is the food you hate the most? Tomatoes and olives
12. What is the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you? Telling my dick-head ex-husband off at our son's wedding - and then catching his wife's eye. I had to apologise to her. Bless her, she agreed with me. She is FAR too good for him.
13. What is the happiest day of your life thus far? Marrying Alan. Second time around for both of us. It was my parents' Golden Wedding Anniversary, and my eldest daughter came back from a year in Costa Rica specially the day before.
14. Are you a neat freak? FAR from it! My father once described my house as "Comfortably scruffy" It must have been DIRE for him to notice!
15. What is the worst thing you have ever done?
Left my daughter in hospital overnight when she was ill because I knew there was a chance she would have a heart attack during the night and I couldn't face it. She DIDN'T know, and wanted me to stay with her. 16 years on I still feel bad about it. - Oh, and when I was three I filled my little brother's mouth with stones to stop him crying.

So tell me why I have been TOTALLY HONEST here? And I'm going to put this online so the whole world can see it. . . BLOGGERS ARE NUTS!

2 comments:

Mj said...

No not nuts, just people with real lives. Your blog brings a tear to my eyes and a smile to my face Jan, I love to read what you've been up to.

Hugs

MJ xx

Linda said...

Jan, it's great to read your honest accouint of your life - keep on doing it! (living and blogging)
Love from Linda X