So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Thursday, June 29, 2006

That was the week. . .

. . .that was! Where did it go, I ask myself. Obviously a sign of old age, specially as I now can't remember anything we did!

Dom came to stay on Saturday so that his Mum could go to a crop in Gosport. Dom spent as much time as he could with Ben from next door and I ended up with two small boys hiding behind cushions on my sofa watching Dr Who. Shoved Dom in the bath and left him to play for a few minutes. He called me into the bathroom and this is what I found:-

Bless his heart - he said he wants to be a grandpa. I think it may be because Grandpa has a train set to play with - Oh, sorry, model railway!!

Sunday we went on a family picnic, organised by Amanda's MIL. Linda is a dynamic force, and England game notwithstanding, all the blokes turned up!! The kids had a whale of a time. At one stage they disappeared into the woods to build a den (with adult help) and were gone for an hour and a half. We shall be going back to Manor Farm in August for my Aunt Rosemary's 80th birthday picnic. I didn't take many photos. This one shows the three kids across the other side of the clearing from where we were picnicking, and gives some idea of the space they have to run riot in!!

Monday night was our monthly crop at Waterlooville. It's nice to sit and chat and scrap, and for once I actually got something done. I finished a CJ entry for the Feline Groovy CJ I am doing. Posting day was yesterday, so I was in plenty of time. WHY is it still not mailed, you ask? Well, that would be the agoraphobia kicking in again. I can go out WITH other people. I was FINE on Sunday in the wide open spaces of the Country park, but ask me to walk to the post-box on my own and I turn to jelly - and those of you who have met me will know that that is a LOT of jelly. Tomorrow I have a commitment to go out, so I will manage that. It's only promises to myself I can't keep.

Another CJ arrived on Tuesday morning and I just did the entry straight off. This is SO not me - Mrs Procrastination-with-bells-on. It is due out tomorrow, so that one will be back on track. I'm pleased with it, but I did know EXACTLY what I was going to do before it turned up, and that doesn't happen often!

There's been yet another victim in the scrapshop massacre that seems to be taking place at the moment. Long-established "bricks and mortar" shops are dropping by the wayside as the pressure from the small online-only operators, and the increasing use of UK distributors by the big American maufacturers, squeezes them from both directions. Cotswold Keepsakes will be greatly missed by many of us.

Now, you see, I've wasted another half-hour of what was SUPPOSED to be crafting time. Mrs Procrastination strikes again. . .

2 comments:

Beth said...

What a silly boy i have.

Linda said...

love that picture of Dom! Him wanting to be a grandad reminds me that when my cousin was little he wanted to join the German army! I think it was becasue my brother and his brother always cast him as the enemy in any war games they played!!!

Love from Linda X