So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Monday, June 19, 2006

Waiting for. . .

Well, I'm not sure what. I feel as though I'm living in a Beckett play, specifically "Waiting for Godot" where the main theme is that nothing happens!

It hasn't been an eventful week, but a few interesting things have happened. I posted two reviews on the "Information Britain" website. Interesting that the positive review of the restaurant has appeared, and the negative one of the B&B has not. nor have I had any response to my e-mail asking why it has been binned.

I'm also waiting for a response to an e-mail from an Altered Art forum. I joined ages ago, but I can't access it now, even with the new password they sent me, and Beth tells me my name is no longer on the membership list. The site won't let me re-join, even with another username, so I am in limbo, and I have no idea why! I think I have now e-mailed them four or five times, but no response. Very odd! I know several people who are members of this forum, but I don't really want to involve them.


My crafting is taking a bit of a back seat at the moment. Just don't have the inspiration. Probably because the stash is in such a muddle. So this week I shall concentrate on having a mega sort-out and maybe NEXT week the creative bug will bite again. Phoebe came to stay overnight and made some ATCs*. I wanted to scan them, but she wanted to take them home with her, so here are some of mine instead!

Dom is very into drawing and painting at present. Some time ago he drew me this FABBY picture. I can't remember whether it is a crocodile or a dinosaur, but I think it looks very aboriginal and I intend to frame it for my craft room


Apparently it's a
magic fish!

by
Dominic








* ATC stands for Artist's Trading Card. Originally designed to showcase an artist's work, these little (3.5 x 2.5ins) cards have become a craze in the papercraft world. They cannot be sold, but only traded one for one with other makers. It's fun to collect little bits or original artwork from all over the world. Anyone want to trade??



5 comments:

Beth said...

Dominic says that it's a magic fish. It has a rabbit's tail, birds feet and eagle wings. It can swim, fly and walk on land. It can also grant wishes.

Beth said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mj said...

THe ATC's are great Jan, Nat is really into ATC's. Love the Magic Fish the colours are fabulous. Isn't it typical of society these days that good reports are kept and bad ones binned, there just seems no come back if you make a complaint. I think I know what site you are refering to, I can't get on that one any more either, not sure whether I am still a member or not.

Hugs
MJ xx

Anonymous said...

If it's the same Altered Art forum I'm thinking off, same thing happened to me and I never got a response.

Anonymous said...

I love Dom's magic fish! Now if it only could grant wishes .................. :)