So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Moving right along

It's been some time since I updated this, but as I think I'm the only person who reads it, it probably doesn't matter much! The Aunt's birthday party went well. It didn't rain on us and there were 20 people there, all related to ME!! Beth and I are putting some pictures in an album for her.



We've also been on holiday, which is the reason for most of the gap. Two weeks on the Isle of Wight, some of the time in the company of cheerful friends. We found some more good restaurants and had a good time despite the howling gale and Alan putting his back out so he couldn't drive!

This is a picture taken out of the bedroom window of the house we stayed in. We thought this cottage was derelict LAST year, but it has even more props this year - including the one which appears to be leaning against the glass! The really SCARY thing about it is that the window I have arrowed shows a light in the evening. Yes, folks, there are people LIVING in this!! When that wall goes the whole roof will fall on their heads. . . There is something to be said for a 1970's "holiday cottage"!!

No comments: