So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Bl**dy January again!!

Please note the above is the title of a Flanders and Swann song , although it does sum up my feelings at the moment.
We had a successful trip north with no real problems in either direction. A very quiet and relaxing time with Nick and Dena and Dena's parents. We didn't really even rouse ourselves to watch the fireworks across the river at Drayton Manor Park - how lazy is that?
We stopped off at our usual pub for lunch on the way home. We have yet to have a poor meal there and would recommend it to anyone. The New Inn, Heckfield, Hampshire. Good food, great atmosphere, excellent service.

Spent Wednesday quietly, mostly catching up on my sleep, but also having a bit of "me-time" for what would have been Abigail's 33rd birthday. That just does NOT seem possible. She's caught in crystal in 1990 for me, and I find it hard to imagine what she might have become. There is a high probability that she would have stuck to her intention of being a nanny in America and marrying an American. If so I guess by now she'd have had several children of her own, and I wouldn't have seen her on her birthday anyway!
Abigail Rachel
3rd January 1974 - 29th January 1990
Love you - always and forever

Tomorrow we are going to the theatre to watch Phoebe in her Panto. Alan is taking me out for a fortifying lunch first AND a trip to the craft centre. HOORAY!



1 comment:

Mj said...

My thoughts are with you and Abigail, Jan, what a beautiful photo you have of her, she sounds extremely strong willed like her mother, sending you huge cyber hugs at this time.

MJ xx