So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Monday, January 08, 2007

Two little boys

Dominic came to spend the day here on Saturday. Well, that's the theory!! In fact he now comes here so he can play with Ben from next door. Ben is a few weeks younger that Dom and they are the best of mates. All through the Christmas holidays we have had visits from Ben asking if Dom was here, and I just couldn't stand the little sad face any more, so I arranged with Beth that Dom should come here after the panto on Friday. In the event Dom stayed til Sunday lunchtime to give them more time together. On Saturday evening when Ben's dad came to collect him they were sellotaping themselves together so he didn't have to go home. All they did was play Game-Boy, Playstation and online computer games, but then they ARE 7 and it was raining all weekend!

The panto was quite good. Phoebe was splendid, of course, but the principals were OK and the costumes and sets were certainly VERY swish. Lisa Riley was a fun fairy godmother and the comic was excellent (tho Phoebe said he had got bored and cut out a lot of his material, so the show ended earlier than it had at the start of the run!!) Auditions loom for "Chitty-Chitty-Bang-Bang" Touring shows use local kids in their productions, and this is on in Southampton for the summer season. Watch this space!

I am starting to craft again after a long dry spell. Only a couple of ATCs so far, but I have 2 swaps on the go, so I MUST get my act together. Got a couple of CJ pages outstanding, too and have promised them for the weekend. . .

No comments: