So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Friday, January 12, 2007

Memories

It's not a new year's resolution, more an obsession, but my theme for this year is going to be creating memories. I MUST do more scrapping, but I also want to organise more family events and write down more of my personal memories. Part of this is obviously because I am aware that I can't go on being lucky with my condition forever; but I am also 60 this year, so the end is nigher than it ever was anyway!!
I'm not altogether sure why I think my family will want loads of information about me and my life when I am gone, but I know how much I'd LOVE to read my mother's or grandmother's diaries - so I intend to give my descendants the option - in spades.

I've made myself a Memory Jar - AND taken a photo of it, but blogger won't let me upload it (not even through photobucket!! :( - I'll try again tomorrow!
Here it is!!


Every day I am going to put one nice memory into the jar, and once a month I am going to scrap them. A combination Diary and memorybook and an incredibly lazy way to document my year. I've even cut up all the slips of paper in advance and put them in a tictac container stuck to the side of the jar - no excuses!!

1 comment:

Mj said...

Saw the memory jar on the thread Jan its gorgeous.

MJ xx