So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Monday, January 29, 2007

Tough Day

I had to go for a CT scan this morning. I really hate them, not for the actual scan, which is no problem, but for the barium gloop. Nasty stuff. Everyone hates it, but they don't seem to be able to make it any more palatable. The girl doing the needles was having a bad day - she was having to have several goes at finding a vein -in one case FIVE!! Four people in a row were told they had "bad veins", and she had to have two goes at mine, and I'm not normally difficult. Think she might just have been having an off day.

I certainly was. This is the 17th anniversary of Abigail's death, and, no, I haven't got used to it yet!! I've been talking about Giz lately, so here is a photo from July 1989 of kitten Giz with his Mum, shortly after she was diagnosed.
It's really weird that the kitten lived longer than the daughter; she was 16 and he is now over 17.

Out tonight to our local crop. there were five of us there - we really need six, but i had a good evening and I have now finished my ATC marathon for a few weeks. The next lot aren't due out until April!! I'll scan and post them tomorrow, but right now I'm away to my bed! It's been a looooong and quite emotional day.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Giz was so cute and cuddly than. At least he came home yesterday.

joanna said...

Love and {{{hugs}}} Jan; I'm sure this anniversary doesn't get any easier.