So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Insect days,Moggies and ATCs

Dom had an "Insect day" from school on Tuesday. I asked him what he thought the teachers did on insect day. He reckons they all dress up as insects and rush about the place while there are no kids. Then he thought it would be good if they all turned into REAL insects and got eaten so there wouldn't be any more school. Nothing wrong with his imagination!

Little mog has been ill again. He had a serious op last July when large amounts of his liver were removed, but he recovered well at first. Lately the weight has just fallen off him, and he is now just fur and bones. He eats, though. BOY does he eat!! The vet reckons he isn't able to metabolise his food properly, so he eats for England and gets thinner. Hands up who thinks that might be a good disease to have for a while?? Anyway, last week he got much worse. He had a fit, which isn't unusual, but just didn't pick up after it and by Monday we were thinking he was on his way out. He wasn't eating, and his purr had disappeared. I spent most of Monday night in tears, but got him to the vet, who diagnosed a tummy upset, prescribed steroids, enzyme additives and a fat-free diet. Cat has scoffed VAST amounts of chicken and is lying on Alan's lap purring like a jack-hammer!! Maybe he WILL get to be 18!

I've been on an ATC kick this month. mostly because I committed myself to several swaps with the same deadline, and they all caught up with me at once. Anyway I now have only one more set to do this month, and I know what they will be. The last lot were hard for me because I can't draw, and they were a set on God and Godesses. I had intended them to be very abstract, but the ideas just would NOT gel, so I ended up with Gods of the Discworld. Given how awful my drawing is, they are OK. Took a long time to work out how to draw a crocodile full-face!! What do you think? I know FATE, whose eyes are supposed to be pools of utter blackness with the stars and constellations whirling in their depths, just looks as though he is wearing shades, but hey, that's cool for FATE!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I really like your memory jar idea-I' think I'll try it.