So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Art and crafts

Spent yesterday at a crop organised by Katie and Dave from Cre8tive Online. Good fun, good food and good chat, as always. I love listening to Katie and Dave talking to each other whilst they work. They are really funny, but I'm not sure they realise it! Dave is in charge of the shop whilst Katie teaches, and then he dashes off to collect lunch and does a mean pudding! It was good to see people and have a gossip as well as ACTUALLY COMPLETING a layout, which may be a first for me at a crop.

Today I went to help out at our local Art Show. I really only had to collect door money and talk a lot, so that was no hardship. We have a Manor House in our village which was threatened with demolition some years ago. It was bought by a couple of local people who run it as a residential home, and have formed a Trust to care for it. Since then the Trust has bought two other properties and the annual Art Show is part of their fund-raising calendar. I try to buy a picture every year, which hasn't always been easy, but this year there was an exceptionally high standard and I had a hard job chosing. Mind you there were a LOT of pictures of boats!!

I was buttonholed by the Rector, who thought he ought to know who I was. He does now!
I find it quite difficult to avoid answering people who ask how I am without telling them!! Given that I have virtually no symptoms, it's a bit hard to say "Still dying" I feel a complete fraud, and yet I KNOW that I am really lucky to be alive. It's so difficult to know what to tell people when I don't really know what is going on myself. Anyway, I'll save the "Living with cancer not dying of cancer" monologue for a day when nothing else has happened! Bet you're all gagging for that one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»