So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Friday, May 26, 2006

Rivetting stuff

Gosh, it's been a wild couple of days - not! Yesterday I spent with Beth. we have this deal whereby we do each other's housework. Don't ask me why cleaning her bathroom is more interesting than cleaning mine, it just IS, right?
Today was "lunch in the pub with the girlies" day. Great lasagne! One of said girlies, my best mate was having a birthday so she got the odd pressy. I say ODD advisedly. A money-box to save up for new shoes and a fairy dress-up doll - and the obligatory VERY rude card. She claims to be 50 this year. I invite you to disbelieve this. We reckon the picture in the attic must look pretty duff by now
.


This photo was taken last year at her wedding, but she hasn't aged in 12 months!! I am working on a clippykits handbag for her birthday, which isn't actually until Monday, thank God. Mind you I haven't finished the wedding album yet. . .

Spent the afternoon with my aunt. She's number four of five sisters, my mother was number two. She has just lent me her photo albums so I have scanned everything in sight. Pictures of my mother at two and of ME at the Coronation. Told you I was old! Many layouts now in my head!

Off to a crop tomorrow. I WILL get a layout done - maybe. I talk too much and scrap too slowly.

4 comments:

Paula - Buenos Aires said...

Good to see you had a lovely time with the girlies.

All those family photographs, what a treasure to have! Have fun scrapping them. :)

Mj said...

Jan I love the idea of cleaning someone else's bathroom and cleaning their's as you say more fun that way, mind you would have to be someone I know, I couldn't clean just anyone's toilet!!!! LOL

I know what you mean about slow scrapping, I don't actually get around to my own now.

Hugs

MJ xxx

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»