So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Monday, May 29, 2006

Plate smashing optional



This week, being half-term, my grand-daughter is involved in another dance festival. She is 8 now and has been dancing since she could walk. She just LOVES to dance. Today was the classical Greek section. Alan asked if we needed to provide plates for smashing, but it isn't THAT kind of greek dancing! She was just beautiful. It was her first attempt at the Greek style and she did it very well.

She made me cry, which is a bit unusual, but she was SO lovely, and I feel SO cross that I'm probably not going to see her grow up. Now I've said that, fate will intervene again and make me a liar, but I jolly don't care as long as I can stick around for another 10 years or so.

She has already done her Tap section, which she won, but has Modern, Ballet, Song and Dance and Character to go. I don't know about you, but it exhausts me just THINKING about it! I admire my daughter for her committment to this child. Every dance has its own costume and hairstyle, not to mention the make-up! (she's got more than me) and Amanda has a full-time job. She is mad, of course, but in a completely different way from me! Lucky ONE of us has some energy.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Doesn't she look good. It looks like one of those old fashion swimming costumes.