So why "SUBVERSIVE ELEPHANT" you ask? Some time after my ex-husband left I was telling my Mother that he regarded me as a bad influence on our children. In perhaps THE most revealing Freudian slip of my life I declared, "He thinks I'm a subversive elephant"

Sunday, June 04, 2006

The Glums?

I was taken to see a local drama group presentation of "Les Miserables" last night. I have seen the London production twice, so I was not expecting a great deal, but I have to say these kids were PHENOMENAL!! There were certainly some excellent voices amongst them and the maturity of performance made it very difficult to believe that they were all under 18. Apart from young Gavroche, that is! Phoebe's cousin Declan in his first speaking/singing role. He is so tiny; he is only weeks younger than Phoebe, but just about comes up to her shoulder. This will be such an asset to him as a child performer as he will always be able to "act down".

Spent a day with Phoebe and Dom on Friday. We ventured down to Gunwharf, where the Volvo Ocean Race was preparing to leave. It was less manic that I had anticipated - we even got a seat in a restaurant without waiting! Took the kids to see Ice Age 2 - coz Dom and I both LOVE Manfred the Mammoth. Lovely to see him with a girl-friend, even if she is ditsy as hell and thinks she's a possum. My kinda mammoth!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»